Cloud Pricing

@mrjn HI Manish,

I need to read my emails, so I must have missed that. :slight_smile:

Facets sound awesome, but I think you guys should not worry about it until you have Nested Filters down, including nested counter aggregations, @auth nested filters, and all combinations that DQL can do (using var without querying extraneous nodes you don’t need). Not only do I imagine this is every intermediate or above user’s most requested feature, it is the biggest limitation IMHO that makes us have to use DGL sometimes. I believe we have no problem waiting until late next year for Facets if you guys do nested filters right, from the beginning.

That being said, I was specifically referring to my many (ignored) posts about backend validation. This is the biggest limitation and oversight I feel your team does not take seriously. There are two specific things you guys need to do in order to have better security options that are EASY fixes.

1.) Update-After Validation - dgraph is actually open to attack until this is fixed (probably), and the code is already there, this also opens up so many doors for the @auth directive, just search for my many posts on this
2.) Pre-hooks AND-OR Access to Deleted or Changed Data in Post Hooks - The second is acceptable as well… no point in post-hooks if I can’t view the original data, firebase functions do it that way
3.) Reference Directive - Right now it is impossible to delete certain things, this would be a game changer, follows sql logic

If you ask your experienced and serious users to vote on the most important needs, I guarantee all 3 of these will be at the top. These features are offered in most other NoSQL and SQL databases.

I just want to be heard. These are 3 posts that can probably back track to 20 other related posts minimum by many other users. I just want to know that you guys have a plan to tackle back-end validation, and actually read and discuses when someone posts a feature request on here. It is usually to fix a problem.

Well, I ended up listing my top 3, although there are many more, I believe these are the most important.

Thanks for reading,

J