Dgraph.io website

Looking great, thanks!

2 Likes

Should be very team member.

Let’s see if this message I send via email works.

Fixed. Was an issue with password having symbols – changed it to pure text.

1 Like

@koppula @mrjn Finding adding the navbar a difficult thing for now. How about keeping this to a one page app, and having the section for the team, contact just before our Find Out More section on the front page.

I am especially wary of putting too much effort because most probably all of this would be discarded in a month ?

A navbar which navigates to a section on the same page is easy. A different page is looking a bit tricky.

Sounds good. Let’s keep it to one page @pawan

Can we keep

1 Like

Pushed the changes to staging, have a look guys.

Also might be good to link your name on the team page to your profile on angel.co(a good platform for hiring) or LinkedIn.

The fact that you guys have worked with Google, would be a big factor for drawing future hires , unfortunately that information isn’t reflected here yet. A link to your profile would take care of that.

Looks good. For team member names we should stick to a convention – I think First & Last name works best – “Manish Jain”, “Prashanth Koppula”, “Ashwin Ramesh”.

Btw can we still have a navbar at the top even if it’s not floating?

For links to the LinkedIn profile, a LinkedIn icon to the profile page would be best.

Yes navbar which links to sections on the same page is easy to do. Is that what you are referring to ?

Yes, that’s what I had in mind.

Cool will set that up.

Agree, will make the change.

Right, will set that up.

@pawan: We’re missing your profile. As a camper, you should add yourself as well.

Also, I think we all should mention our experience. Our profiles right now are too casual for such a serious software. @staff: Please modify your bios here:
http://discuss.dgraph.io/t/bio-for-dgraph-website/59

Okay, I will :slight_smile:

I agree.

@pawan Here are the snippets for join@ and contact@ that can be embedded on the website. Or you can just use join@dgraph.io and contact@dgraph.io. Up to you.

`

`

`

`
1 Like

@ashwin95r Can you please tell me the link for your profile on linkedin and twitter ?

Sure @pawan. Here they are
Twitter : https://twitter.com/ashwin_rrr
Linkedin : https://in.linkedin.com/in/ashwin95r

1 Like

@staff Made some changes to the site on staging. Added twitter and Linkedin links. As well as added a Work With Us section. Your feedback is welcome.

2 Likes

This looks pretty amazing!

Okay few things:

• The pictures are still inconsistent. They should all be black and white, and same size.
  • Ashwin’s face isn’t visible.
  • The description is a bit too long to show on the main page; instead we should only show the title. Can you do a modal window for description like Buffer / Cockroach guys?
  • In the team, also add a picture for You? or something. Upon clicking, it should give a small job description like "Looking for experienced backend engineers in SF bay area and India… " we can come up with a job description for you.
  • Work with us section looks amazing!
  • Gym membership – If you sweat, we’ll pay for it
  • Spend 2500 dollars on workstation and desk
  • get in touch with us here. The link is only on here, and isn’t visible. Instead make the link on get in touch with us, and remove the here.
  • Find out more section is a bit ugly – see how you could improve it.
  • Open Source: Written entirely in Go, DGraph is available …

Asked @koppula to send in an updated pic, should have that by the end of the day.

Yes, @ashwin95r face isn’t visible clearly in the pic. Can we do something about it Ashwin ?

Sure, a modal should be easy to do.

Interesting idea, will do so.

Thank you, we might need to update the link to the salaries and perks sheet though ?

Let me see what I can do here.

Maybe we can use the other pic that I’ve uploaded. This one won’t look nice if I zoom in or crop more.