Dgraph March Community Call

Register free today

We are thrilled to announce our next community call on March 25, 2021 at 9:00 AM PST. This month we are focusing purely on our exciting v21.03, “Rocket” release. A highlight anticipated update that is a leap forward on our 2021 roadmap, we can’t wait to tell you all about it.

Don’t miss out on this month’s action-packed agenda, and save your seat for the community call!

Agenda

• 9:00 - 9:05 Introductions
  • 9:05 - 9:15 Dgraph Core and Cloud updates
  • 9:15 - 9:25 GraphQL updates
  • 9:25 - 9:40 Live Demo of Apollo federation
  • 9:40 - 9:50 Live Demo of GraphQL Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
  • 9:50 - 10:00 Q&A with the Dgraph Team

Please submit your questions for the Q&A in this thread.

For the Q&A:

1 Like

In some documentation, microserivce architecture perfer seperate DB for each services, what do you think about this when using DGraph as a main Database ?

You can do it as you mentioned(separated DBs for each service), but you can run microservices with a single Dgraph cluster. As Dgraph is distributed, it already has some benefits of using microservices. All your services can access the same Cluster pointing to different Alphas. Running several singular instances won’t have the main benefits of a GraphDB. Which everything is connected and reachable via a simple traversing.

You can’t query across different DBs with a separated concept. So, it would be a very limited architecture in terms of query and Graph Modeling.

Short: I would recommend a microservices architecture with a robust Dgraph cluster.

2 Likes

Thank you so much to everyone who joined us for the March Community Call! Here is the YouTube video if you missed it.

For the TL;DR of the event:

• Manish shared some initial benchmarks and findings of Dgraph vs AWS Neptune
  • We highlighted key updates coming in v21.03
  • Manish did some live coding to show off Apollo Federation
  • Thiyaga highlighted the upgraded visual schema builder and data visualization tools
  • We answered questions from this thread as well as those asked live during the event

For those who presented or attended, let me know if I missed your favorite part! :see_no_evil: Thanks again for being a part of the community, and be sure to sign up for Dgraph Day for even more great talks and updates.