I am curious about how Dgraph is being used in applications:
- directly via DQL (GraphQL±) or
- use something like Apollo server for GraphQL or
- a mix of both DQL and GraphQL (is this even advisable?)
From discussion threads such as these:
- Will Dgraph switch to GraphQL eventually?
- Supporting GraphQL± queries in GraphQL
- GraphQL Tools for Lockdown 2020 - Dgraph Blog
This last one describes a stack consisting of
Dgraph + [ React + Apollo client 3.0 beta 2 + Typescript + GraphQL Code Generator] but not Apollo server.
So I suspect that DQL is preferred currently and GraphQL will be feature-compatible to DQL at some time in the future. But I could be wrong in assuming this, hence the question.