Dgraph v1.0.6 is out

Are you using Docker, @shanghai-Jerry? I can’t replicate this issue at my end, but I can give you an image for you to try, and see if that solves this issue at your end.

@shanghai-Jerry and others, I’ve downgraded a library that we are using to the same version as we had before and updated the binaries for v1.0.6. Can you retry and check if you still see this issue?

I am not using docker.

at the end of this topic, i posted my server configs.

and

i used this query:

{
  query(func:has(name)) {
    count(uid)
  }
}

all three servers can return the same result:

{
  "data": {
    "query": [
      {
        "count": 6903
      }
    ]
  },
  "extensions": {
    "server_latency": {
      "parsing_ns": 6480,
      "processing_ns": 10197032,
      "encoding_ns": 2797792
    },
    "txn": {
      "start_ts": 69,
      "lin_read": {
        "ids": {
          "1": 14
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

but when i used a query with specific uid:

{
  query(func:uid(0x9b6)) {
    expand(_all_) {

}
  }
}

only one server can get result

ok, i will retry. but when i use p directory created by bulk loader out directory to restart server, i got too many WARNs like:

2018/06/30 13:07:06 node.go:402: WARN: A tick missed to fire. Node blocks too long!
2018/06/30 13:07:06 node.go:402: WARN: A tick missed to fire. Node blocks too long!

can you tell me what happened?
when i used v1.0.5, it’s normal, no WARNs

i’ve tried with v1.0.6, more details

but it still happened:

and

and

and when i restarted dgraph-server:

How did you load your data into the cluster? Did you start with empty directories?

How long did the cluster run before you saw these MsgVote logs?

i used mutate operation declared in api.proto, connected server with port 9080.

first, i started with empty directories. and then when i saw these MsgVote logs, i restarted with already exist directories. i found one server was getting snapshot from another server from p directory.

final question, after about one hour , i saw these MsgVote logs.

and now i found getting snapshot again

Added this warning in v1.0.6. I’m seeing some issues with replication. Working on solving those, and would be part of the next release.

Due to some issues with application of replication logs, we recommend only using --replicas=1 for this release. We’re working on solving these issues for the next release.

2 Likes

hi, @mrjn

i used to alter schema, but i found something in server’s log:

it seems that this log "Done schema update xxx " cannot stop, i only did alter schema operation once.

Any ETA for next release? Replication is critical for our production.

Well, if you do not need any of the features of version 1.0.6 or anything else, you can stick to version 1.0.5 until there is a final RC to next release.

unfortunately i cannot use 1.0.5 because I reported this issue which also block replication in our case :frowning:

1 Like

That’s sad.
Wow you have a complex structure there.

Hey @selmeci,

I’m planning to make a v1.0.7 release in the next two weeks before I go on vacation. Meanwhile, my recommendation is to upgrade to v1.0.6, but keep replication turned off for the time being.

2 Likes

Agree, and i found another problem

hope that both of them will be fixed in the next release

that’s a good news.
Waiting for v1.0.7

This could happen. Something else must be going on, due to which the ticks were missed, like maybe a snapshot retrieval. If you can paste all the logs, it would be easier to debug. But, this in itself isn’t an error. Just a warning.

but there are too many of this waring, it seems it’s in a loop, it never stops

fortunately, it stops after 15 mins later

Hey @shanghai-Jerry, if you’re seeing more A tick missed to fire, can you go to /debug/requests on HTTP port in your dgraph server, pick RunLoop events which are taking the longest time, and paste those here?

I suspect this might be because your disk is too slow.

ok, if i see this again, i will do.
By the way, it there any docs about debug?