Flutter with Slash and Dgraph

Hi, I’m new here.
I wanted to ask if there is any site that you recommend to me observe examples and use cases of Slash and Dgraph with Flutter, I have searched for Google and I do not see anything, I only see videos with React, Vue and other technologies, but nothing with Flutter, is that is not supported or have problems?
We are a Startup in Venezuela and trying to prototype a Flutter app and we would like to test with Dgraph and Slash, we currently use Hasura and the truth is that it has a lot of documentation and support videos, but here so far we have not achieved much and we are new with Graph Databases and we want to learn .
In advance very grateful for the support.
Regards.
GD

1 Like

Hey there @gdelgado11, welcome to our forums!

Truth is we don’t have a lot of Dart support. There is an unofficial Dart package for Dgraph:

But, we have not written any tutorials for it. As for using the GraphQL part of Dgraph/Slash, well, anything that can make queries and mutation for GraphQL will get you there.

If you want, I can work with you to write a few articles on getting started with Flutter and Dart and Slash.

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind response as we move forward with documenting to share with the community. Thank you for your proposal.

I’d love tutorials on this and also the ferry client.

Flutter is just the same as any other client (React, Angular, Vue, Svelte). Cloud DGraph is made to be called through graphql. There are no specific DGraph modules for any frontend framework. You just call a graphql module (usually Apollo, URQL, or simply fetch) that is specific to that Framework. If you’re not using GraphQL, but DQL, you have to write your own backend, which does not effect the frontend frameworks regardless.

For Flutter, simply use graphql-flutter:

All of the rules for graphql and dgraph do not change: token management, filtering, etc…

J

1 Like

Thanks!!!

As I also use Flutter and dgraph for my main project I can recommend the usage of artemis with graphql.

1 Like