Gru: Storing session info on server

Yeah

• start the server and client
  • finish the demo and answer a few questions
  • close the client
  • start the client after a few mintues
    The clock shows the time according to the server i.e updated one
1 Like

@mrjn Wanted to discuss how I manage the demo and the original test questions on the server for every client?

Right now I have a qnList and a demoQnList for each candidate which consists of question ids of questions not shown to the candidate yet.

Right now the client maintains the state that if the demo has already been taken by the candidate and then requests a qn from the appropriate test. We have two type of tests right now, demo and test. I was thinking of shifting all this info to the server.

In the first authenticate call, server will send a state to the client. According to the state the client can request a question or display any other errors.

Yup. Shift it to server.

Don’t have two lists. Put them all in one list.

Instead of having demo and test, put them as tags. Demo tag, prod tag, along with the easy, medium, hard.

Then have one list. Based on what you are looking for, iterate over the list and find the most appropriate match.

So, if you have never seen this auth token, you are looking for demo, first. Then once started, you look for prod, plus other things, like easy, etc.

1 Like

That sounds better. I will do this.

Have added support for multiple tags @pawan. So you can pull the latest version and start having a tag for demo

2 Likes

@pawan since I switched to ticker, there is no message sent at the start of the quiz but only after 5 seconds. So, we have to send the timeLeft along with the initial state sync.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.