Lambda error: with 561 rows

I have a type with a lambda field that uses concatenation of the name parts to form the name. If I ask for any of the type up to 560 first results, I get the correct data. However if I ask for 560+ first nodes, then I get the error:

Evaluation of custom field failed because external request returned an error: unexpected error with: 413 for field: name within type: Contact.

I was thinking that maybe my node in position 561 had an error somehow. But I can offset a lower first and get that Node+

My query up to the point of working:

query {
  queryContact(first: 561 offset: 1) {
    id
    firstName
    name
  }
}

Schema Snippet (w/out auth):

type Contact {
  id: ID
  prefix: String
  firstName: String
  nickName: String
  middleName: String
  lastName: String
  suffix: String
  organization: String
  abbreviation: String
  # ... A lot more!
}

My lambda file:

const contactNameResolver = ({ parent: { prefix, firstName, nickName, middleName, lastName, suffix, organization, abbreviation } }) => {
  let name = ''
  if (organization) {
    name = organization
    if (abbreviation) name += ` (${abbreviation})`
  } else {
    if (prefix) name = prefix
    if (firstName) name += ` ${firstName}`
    if (nickName) name += ` "${nickName}"`
    if (middleName) name += ` ${middleName}`
    if (lastName) name += ` ${lastName}`
    if (suffix) name += ` ${suffix}`
    name = name.trim()
  }
  return name
}

self.addGraphQLResolvers({
  'Contact.name': contactNameResolver,
})

I have not tested this with other lambda functions or on other types so I am not sure if 561 is a hard limit or just deterministic given my type, data, and script?

Google says:

A 413 Request Entity Too Large error occurs when a request made from a client is too large to be processed by the web server. If your web server is setting a particular HTTP request size limit, clients may come across a 413 Request Entity Too Large response.

Means, the HTTP request payload being sent to the lambda server in your case gets so bigger that it is being rejected by it.

@gja have we set a request size limit on the Slash lambda servers? Any ideas how to tackle this?
Should we make requests in multiple batches of limited size or the limit can be increased?

The limit can increase. Nginx has 4mb or something by default. We can tweak this