Sponsored Features

I think the theory would be that Dgraph hires a new programmer full-time, and the sponsored money would go directly to Dgraph. The only new costs we would be adding would be one programmer’s salary (or more if the idea took off), which would pay for itself IMHO from the sponsored money.

Perhaps all of us passionate users just need to put our money together, find a programmer, pay him, and do a pull request to Dgraph… open discussion on ideas on this one (anyone reading this)…

@MichelDiz - Please quote this in your next meeting:

“How can we believe in DGraph, when the core team is nowhere to be found?”

The users understand that money is tight. That makes us more passionate about this project (as the underdog with the most talent perhaps). What we don’t understand is when the coach and assistant coaches are nowhere to be found. You are only dedicated passionate person (the team probably saw that, and figured you can be the one to answer the forms). However, where is everyone else? We have an average of less than 10 posts a day. You comment on 8/10 of them. Once every two weeks we get once response from a programmer, and the rest is ignored. Is the team hiding form its users? Seriously, I want to know…

Where is this guy? You guys need this guy desperately. This guy should also help (with your very very passionate userbase) market for more money.

We WANT to help out, but it is like playing table tennis with ourselves, while you @MichelDiz, are the security guard watching every move.

You have so so many people that believe in this product. We will dedicate a lot of our extra free time to do whatever it takes to help Dgraph get off the ground. But we need support from the whole Dgraph Team TOP-DOWN to do it. @MichelDiz - We truly respect and appreciate your work, but you are just one person. Can we get an actual roadmap, responses to repeated issues, and maybe the actual future vision of Dgraph (priorities etc). This is everything but fair to the many dedicated Dgraph users.

But, back to the topic at hand, I will help pay for some new features.

J

6 Likes