Subgraph "first" returning empty set

I have not prepared a presentable smaller example yet to illustrate the problem, so this is just the initial report to see if there is any current bug reports that already handle this?

Pertinent Schema (not showing @auth rules):

type Task {
  id: ID
  forContact: Contact
}
type Contact {
  hasAddresses: [HasAddress]
}
type HasAddress {
  isPrimary: Boolean @search
  address: Address
}
type Address {
  city: City
  state: State
}
type City {
  name: String! @id
}
type State {
  name: String! @id
}

My query:

{
  queryTask(first:25) {
    id
    forContact {
      id
      hasAddresses(first: 1) {
        id
        address {
          id
          city: { name }
          state: { name }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

This returns an empty set for queryTask[*].forContact.hasAddresses However, if I remove the first filter from the hasAddresses edge, then I get the data I want.

I am thinking it probably has something again to do with the first filter not playing nice with the @auth rules. I think I reported something similar before but it was resolved. I will try to find that post and link it here as well.

Here is the related post with the linked PR that fixed it:

I have not reran this on Slash to see if this is the exact same bug at a different level or something different. Also, I have not confirmed yet if this PR is on my Slash version.

I have verified that the fix is on the Slash branch and should be live in your Slash instance. We’ll try to reproduce this on our end. In the meantime, if you can provide a more detailed example with the auth rules that would help us reproduce this faster. Feel free to share these in a DM.