ACL Needed

Hi All,

First of all let me say Happy New Year to everyone.

I have done a LOT of research and it seems that Dgraph is a great database but the open source community edition does not offer ACL and other very useful features to control fine grained access of users to the database.

It seems that I might have to look into the Enterprise edition, but I fear that will be expensive and as this is a PoC (Proof-of-Concept) project I wanted to ask the users what options might be available or other thoughts that you had along these lines?

Cheers

It is very possible, but you have to write your own security.

See (parts 1-4):

J

1 Like

Hello and Thanks for the reply on this question as it will certainly help with the effort.

One question that I have is that this type of ACL implementation is for use with a Web application to have user ACL into the database from a controlled web server application.

Although this is one of the things that I was also seeking, the primary interest was ACL into Dgraph itself in that there does not seem to be any ACL for someone to get access to the database in the community edition.

What I mean is that, just for example, if I were to place a Dgraph node on a public VPS machine and have it started up then there is no ACL (i.e. Login/Password for users) on the database like PostgreSQL or MySQL databases and thus it seems that Dgraph is wide open.

I was looking for either an inexpensive way to get an Enterprise edition that might have this type of ACL built in, or if there was a way to manually add it to the community edition, or some other options.

My guess is to say that the Enterprise edition is cost prohibitive especially for a PoC project and there may be no other viable options but I wanted to try and investigate it more to be certain.

Thanks again.