Dgraph v1.1.0-rc1 release candidate

(Daniel Mai) #1

Hey folks,

Please try out our latest release candidate v1.1.0-rc1. If you find any issues, please let us know so we can address them before the final v1.1.0.

The full list of changes for v1.1.0 is available in the CHANGELOG. There are LOTS of significant changes and features in this version. They’re all covered in the CHANGELOG, so please take a look and let us know what you think! Dgraph v1.1 is NOT backwards compatible with Dgraph v1.0.

Link to binaries: Linux, Darwin, Windows.

Also published on Docker tagged as v1.1.0-rc1.

Note: This is not the official release. You won’t be able to get these binaries using the get.dgraph.io quick install script.

$ dgraph version

Dgraph version   : v1.1.0-rc1
Commit SHA-1     : e63b85b8
Commit timestamp : 2019-08-09 13:31:36 -0700
Branch           : HEAD
Go version       : go1.12.7

Cheers,

The Dgraph Team

(Boris V) #2

Hi, not sure if this is a bug or just me not reading it right in changelog:

• Breaking change Remove _predicate_ predicate and expand() in queries. (#3262)

Does this means expand(_all) no longer supported in queries after v1.1.0?
As I tried on latest docker image: v1.1.0-rc1 and expand(all) is simply ignored in the query.

(Michel Conrado) #3

No, this is a kind of typo. Expand All still works. But you need to set the Schema Type to work.

(Daniel Mai) #4

Hey @bgv to enable expand() queries in v1.1 you’ll need to set the node’s type in the schema using v1.1’s type system. The expand function picks up which edges to expand by the node’s type.

(Dody Gunawinata) #5

Importing the test data from https://tour.dgraph.io/moredata/1/ generates a lot of errors. This is based on empty DB.

(Michel Conrado) #6

I had no issues by using master tour. You need to use the schema in master.
https://tour.dgraph.io/master/moredata/1/#

(Dody Gunawinata) #7

Ah got it. It works now.

(Dody Gunawinata) #8

Now that _ predicate _ is removed, what’s the replacement?

(Michel Conrado) #9

For now, there’s none. But We plan to do something similar. But you have the Schema Types now.

(Dody Gunawinata) #10

I encounter more problems with the imports

This is on windows 10 with fresh install.

(Michel Conrado) #11

Are you starting Dgraph from scratch? I never saw that error before happening in live load.
Please, if you can reproduce this error again fill up an issue in Dgraph repo with details to reproduce it.

(Dody Gunawinata) #12