How to live load data from a different server on alpha node hosted on EKS

I have set up the EKS successfully and I am able to do mutation and queries on Ratel also.

But I am facing an issue when I am trying to live load data from a different server and EKS is accessible from that server.

I am using the below command.
dgraph live -f ‘rdf file path’ -s ‘schema file path’ -a ‘alpha domain’ -z ‘zero domain’

Error: Error while processing schema file “schema file path”: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = unauthorized ip address: ‘IP address’

How do I live load data from a different server to an alpha node hosted on the EKS cluster.

You’ll need to set up the whitelist config flag to allow the outside IP. By default only localhost is allowed to do schema updates. https://dgraph.io/docs/deploy/admin/

You can remove this whitelist IP restriction by setting the config to 0.0.0.0/0 (all IPs). Alternatively, you can set it to your EKS cluster IP range.

1 Like

@dmai Thank you for the help. issue is resolved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Getting same error when run from zero, how can I resolve this?

you need to remove the IP whitelist restriction. allow traffic from all the IPs. you are using EKS so you need to allow traffic on alpha by setting the config to 0.0.0.0/0