How to put AUTH0 pem public key in # Dgraph.Authorization {"VerificationKey":"<AUTH0-APP-PUBLIC-KEY>"}

I am following this guide https://dgraph.io/docs/master/graphql/todo-app-tutorial/todo-auth0-jwt/

I am trying to put my pem key from auth0 into the # Dgraph.Authorization thing to get the @auth field to work. However I have problems trying to put the public key. I keep getting the error message: “resolving updateGQLSchema failed because invalid Key: Key must be PEM encoded PKCS1 or PKCS8 private key” It is not clear for me what I am doing wrong how should I format the key?

I downloaded the certificate from auth0 in pem format and used the openssl x509 -pubkey -noout -in file_name.pem command to get the public key.
The guide says it has to be on one line and I think this is where it goes wrong. The guide mentions “Next is the VerificationKey, so update with your public key within the quotes and make sure to have it in a single line and add \n where ever needed.” I have tried to submit the key in different ways with and without \n but it is all not working I keep getting that error message.

Here you can find my public key:
https://filebin.net/zpusjp72vcv5rs4n/my_public_key.key?t=n2r3hmch

Could someone help me and send me a working # Dgraph.Authorization {“VerificationKey”:""} with my pem key fillled in? That would be amazing. It has been a journey and I feel like this is the last step.

Thanks,

Quinten

This should be a working copy. Make sure to replace the values for Header, Namespace, and Audience

# Dgraph.Authorization {"Header":"Your-Token-Header-Key-Here","Namespace":"Your-Custom-Claims-Namespace-Here","Algo":"RS256","Audience":["Your-Auth0-Cliend-ID-Here"],"VerificationKey":"-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----\nMIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAn0SyR2qeSv23vcYqNkBo\nBPU6i9fq0kf8cISRJvtI8ifSDY04/+3L2IAsDEBreXUFrUQthmQnWiiK/m6QM0EI\nXtLPF59YChbc2Veub9ZBWbd9k/AFf0Os7v7xzR1DJhMPzhel9+7L0GTv0VyGm4Jr\nFBZwT03eYVq4JVBrD0dUn02NTU2FF7y7FlyPbvIWWctuomxDpZuLA95UlxadG31S\nUR9F3g6Whnu6vM6DBUUvChoidtdNdU8yj9DJy8GJXXLvSoZH5Iecs6ERYu2dFcdm\n1MqjlAxSK8dTQA0vq8pInCONXGgF98DxBAiagjR4+dV3EA9VmgHIJX1R+YcK6URT\n1QIDAQAB\n-----END PUBLIC KEY-----"}
2 Likes

Thanks that helped me out now I can move forward :grinning: I think I was not adding the \n after the strings with -----

Thanks

2 Likes