Report a Dgraph Bug
When running live load (1 million rdf dataset) on a 6 node cluster using docker-compose (3 alpha/3 zero), one of the alpha dies with error code 255 but the live load completes successfully. If the leader dies, the live load fails. This can only be reproduced in Mac OS.
What version of Dgraph are you using?
This is reproducible in all versions of dgraph.
Have you tried reproducing the issue with the latest release?
What is the hardware spec (RAM, OS)?
16 Gb memory, 2 core processor, Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.6 (19G2021)
Steps to reproduce the issue (command/config used to run Dgraph).
- Go to dgraph/compose directory and generate the docker-compose file using
./compose -a 3 -w 3 -d ./data -w
- For any version of dgraph, run
make installin root directory to install the binary
docker-compose up -d
- Apply the 1 million dataset schema found in the benchmarks repository using the command:
curl --location --request POST 'localhost:8080/alter' --header 'Content-Type: application/rdf' --data '@schema'
- Run live load using the following command:
dgraph live -f 1million.rdf.gz --alpha localhost:9180 --zero localhost:5180
- Let the live load run through, you will notice that one of the alpha docker container exits
- The issue is reproducible when schema is passed in the dgraph live command with the -s flag, there were no memory fluctuations during the live load
Expected behaviour and actual result.
None of the alphas are supposed to exit during live load
Alpha container exits without any error logs on verbosity 3, the live load completes if a follower exits, else the live load errors out.