Not possible to update @id field?

It doesn’t seem to be possible to update a GraphQL field with the @id directive… I guess it make sense in the context that the update mutation generally works with multiple nodes, but it’s important to allow data identified in this way (users for example) to change their chosen identifier.

Perhaps I’m missing something? Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi, I was just working with this same problem. I would like to be able to rename the username but because its with @id directive its not possible. I guess you could do a lambda function witch first takes a copy of the user then deletes it and then creates a new one with same data + new username. That sounds too complicated so for now I wont allow username change :smiley:

Hi @dpeek, Welcome to dgraph community !!
yeah currently @id field is immutable. We are currently working on it and it will be updateable soon!
See the related thread Editable @id fields

@JatinDevDG thanks for the answer, waiting with anticipation :slight_smile: Another thing I just noticed is this makes upserts quite difficult, as a common pattern is to upsert based on an @id field. However as @id is immutable the field cannot then be set if the node does not exist! Is there an issue I can follow to track progress?