The schema of the new alpha group

What I want to do

After adding an alpha group, the corresponding schema type is not synchronized to the newly After adding an alpha group, the original schema type is not synchronized to the newly added alpha node. Is this normal?

What I did

On the cluster with --replicas set to 3, from the original three alphas, two newly created alphas are added to the cluster, query the schema of the newly added alpha node and find that the corresponding type is not created, resulting in deletion according to * * Failed to delete node.

Dgraph metadata

dgraph version
Dgraph version   : v20.11.2
Dgraph codename  : tchalla-2
Commit timestamp : 2021-02-23 13:07:17 +0530
Branch           : HEAD
Go version       : go1.15.5
jemalloc enabled : true

Can you please share more context and steps did? With what you shared we can tell nothing. Just try to guess different scenarios which isn’t efficient to help you.

For example:
0 - “These are my general settings, not just - replicas. I’m also using Docker / K8s / BareMetal and some proxy”
1 - “I already had an Alpha Group with 3 Alphas - here how I started each one of them”.
2 - “I added another group with 3 Alphas and I am waiting to balance the tablets”.
2.1 - “Here goes the logs after adding the new group”.
3 - “I can’t see my tablets/predicates on Ratel heres is a pic”

What do you mean by this phrase? That you can’t see the predicates in the new group using Ratel? or that you checked if Dgraph have balanced the predicates over /state endpoint?

For sure you are seeing a log in your terminal. Just ignore it. It is not useful for you for now.

The predicate has been rebalanced, but there is no previously created schema type on the newly added alpha. The type in the figure below was created manually by me.