Use cases for relational DB over Dgraph v1.0?

Hi All,

I am wondering… now that Dgraph 1.0 is here with a stable API and distributed transactions, where would recommended use cases for Dgraph end and relational DB’s begin?

I’m thinking of one particular use case I would never have considered before Dgraph had transactions… a financial ledger. My experience is in enterprise financial systems - particularly general ledger systems such as Oracle GL, PeopleSoft GL, or SAP GL. Now that Dgraph supports transactions, is there any reason I wouldn’t build a general ledger on top of DGraph?

Thinking of volume specifically - the highest financial transaction record count I have ever seen in any client table was in the SAP CO (controlling) module at 1.7 billion records, and the table had probably 50 columns with things like descriptions and references to master data which classified those transactions. I wonder how Dgraph would perform querying this data based attributes like “accounting period” and “GL account” vs a traditional RDBMS like Oracle.

Just wondered what use cases the Dgraph team considered as better fits for an RDBMS than for Dgraph.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.