name: String!
}

type Product {
    id: ID!
    supliers: [Supplier]
}

*notice the typo “supliers” on the Product type

First I don’t have any values on that relationship, then I notice the error and update the schema through /admin/schema to have

type Supplier {
}

type Product {
    suppliers: [Supplier]
}

and then I start to add values to that relationship and then I’m unable to query with graphql since the query hangs, if I remove that particular property from the graphql query, everything starts working (with GQL everything works fine whether I include the property or not)

Dgraph version : v20.11.0
Go version : go1.15.8
jemalloc enabled : true

Does anybody have a clue about what can it be ?

Is the second time I have this issue and I’m seriously thinking to leave the dgraph ecosystem for something like postgraphile (is not a threat, just a thought)

Hi @ChStark , Sorry for the trouble you are getting. I am trying to reproduce this and currently accepting this as a bug. Can you please try it on master branch and see if it works there. We will be having a new release 21.03 where hopefully most of these bugs will be resolved.
Thanks for filing this issue.

Hi @ChStark , I am not able to reproduce this issue. Can you provide some more reproducible steps, like how you started the cluster and if possible alpha and zero logs. And also have you tried restarting the cluster and tried to reproduce again ?
These details will help us to reproduce and identify the actual cause of the issue. Thanks.

Regardless of how I setup my cluster or how I end up with my schema, I find very weird that for some particular field the query timesout, lets say:

#this works
query{
  getProduct( id: "0x1" ){
    id
    name
  }
}
#this doesnt work
query{
  getProduct( id: "0x1" ){
    id
    name
    suppliers{
    	id
    	name
    }
  }
}

on the other hand with GQL works all the time, I don’t know how to debugg or search for the error, I even have dropped the predicate and create it and populate it again, and nothing…

Are you getting a GraphQL error? Or just not the expected result? I am having trouble understanding what you mean by this “hangs” and “doesn’t work”.

Maybe some information about the client might help as well. And is this the complete schema or do you have auth rules in there as well?

I don’t get any result, the request timeouts with insomnia

Hi @ChStark , this should work fine. There should be something from your end that is causing this behavior. How many suppliers you have for the product id “0x1” in your database?
And also can you please confirm the dgraph commit-SHA you are using . I tried it on c4245ad55 i.e. 20.11.0 and it’s working fine for me.
And yes, if you can share the schema with us then we can have more idea of it.
Thanks.