How are we tracking on our priorities?

Hi @iyinoluwaayoola, jumping in here as the (relatively) new product and engineering leader at Hypermode. I’ve spent my career building and consuming open-source projects in developer infrastructure, and the strength of the Dgraph community is a key reason we chose to build upon it with Hypermode. To be clear, our commitment to the Dgraph project remains steadfast while our commercial positioning evolves.

I’ve seen open-source projects work at their best when commercial developers are first clear on priorities that align with their objectives. It is alignment within these areas that naturally drives high output, with specific features shaped by customer and user feedback. You’ll notice that earlier this year priorities shifted to embrace vector capabilities within Dgragh. We believe this is an exciting development for the project and one we intend to open-source soon as we reach feature stability.

Objectively, we have room to grow in how we engage with you and the rest of the community as our priorities evolve. I’m committed to building this transparency as we come into 2024. As a preview, you’ll see our priorities expressed in thematic areas of investment rather than specific features.

Additionally, you’ll see a stronger commitment to the experience of committers outside of Hypermode. Embracing a community of committers (in addition to users) to drive ongoing feature development is critical to the long-term sustainability of Dgraph.

More soon, though I hope this provides some clarity on my current thinking. Feedback always appreciated to help this new guy understand what he may be missing :slight_smile: