How to access management UI

Hello,

I followed single host setup guide. Got it running on my server. How do I access the UI or Ratel whatever it’s called? I’m not exposing any services to internet. Trying to connect from my laptop.

http://192.168.88.100:8000 says refused to connect.
http://192.168.88.100:8080 says Dgraph browser is available for running separately using the dgraph-ratel binary.

what binary?

my docker-compose.yml

version: "3.2"
services:
  zero:
    image: dgraph/dgraph:latest
    volumes:
      - /opt/docker/dgraph/data:/dgraph
    ports:
      - 5080:5080
      - 6080:6080
    restart: on-failure
    command: dgraph zero --my=zero:5080
  alpha:
    image: dgraph/dgraph:latest
    volumes:
      - /opt/docker/dgraph/data:/dgraph
    ports:
      - 8080:8080
      - 9080:9080
    restart: on-failure
    command: dgraph alpha --my=alpha:7080 --zero=zero:5080

also tried running standalone with this command

docker run -it -p 5080:5080 -p 6080:6080 -p 8080:8080 -p 9080:9080 -p 8000:8000 -v /opt/docker/dgraph/standalone:/dgraph --name dgraph dgraph/standalone:latest

I’ve opened firewall to whole subnet and all ports so it shouldn’t be anything firewall related. How do I get in? I’ve been at this for few hours now. Documentation is really poor for this product at least for the setup part. For comparison I got Hasura running in 5 minutes using their tutorial on my server with GraphiQL browser ready to go.

Hey,
You are not alone in fact there are at least 20 others issues on the forum regarding this.
They removed ratel UI from the standalone image on the latest release.

I’ve already raised a PR that adds the docker file for ratel

If you are in a rush you can start using

docker run -p 8000:8000 fenos/ratel-ui

till they decide to have the official one

Regards

2 Likes

Thanks,

I’ll check that out.

It’s been merged now

2 Likes

Awesome!!

Could you push an official image to docker hub? Maybe at every merge on master branch or release tag via CI?

Working on that. Sorry I’ve been quite swamped

2 Likes

np, thanks a lot.
I’m sure the community will be happy. I’d be glad to update the documentation once the image is ready