How to set Labels in Ratel UI

name: myOtherStringProperty

to set node label should work in your case, I’m surprised it doesn’t and cannot think of a good reason why. Some random things to check:

• Do you see values for “name” when you click “</>JSON” tab in the right pane?
  • Does “name” start with lots of whitespace characters?
  • Can you give me a sample value for “I22rdfsyntaxnstype” so I could investigate further?

Just verified that it works as expected on play:

yes

no

I have attached my schema file and dataset [subset of dataset as my data set is very large to upload].
subset-rdf.rdf (34.1 KB)
Rdf_lodSchema.schema (487 Bytes)

Outputs:

Today I got one node with label… But I don’t know what happened in this query that it is displaying node with label.
Then I have run this query which is not showing label.

Can you explain me what is happening in these queries?

Hey, @paulftw is offline but He warned me about a limitation He had to add in Ratel. We hide the labels if the nodes are above 50 due performance in Browsers.

So you can do something like:

{ 
 yourquery (func: has(some), first:30) {
   uid
   pred
}
}

Okay by using this I can see first 30 resultant nodes…right?

Yeah, check docs for more https://docs.dgraph.io/query-language/#pagination

Okay and what is the reason for edge…why there is not a single edge creating?

Sorry I didn’t get it.

When I mention some predicate in query, all outgoing edges from that predicate should be displayed right?
but there is no edge returning in my query.

If isn’t being displayed is because it doesn’t have it. There’s no other reason. Check your RDF, and use
uid expand(_all_){uid expand(_all_)}” in your query.

My RDF is in valid format.
But I have read that edge creates only between two nodes not value.
But my RDF data is in this format
<Subjects> <Pred> “Object” .
So If I want to connect Subject and Object via an edge then it is not possible… right?

To connect two nodes, you need to connect them using an edge and their UID’s. Creating the relation.
e.g.

<0x01> <friend> <0x02> .

0x01 is a node => connects to => 0x02 (via friend);

https://docs.dgraph.io/mutations/#triples

See also https://tour.dgraph.io/intro/5/

Yes my RDF data was in this same format but it was showing an error of scalar uid while I was trying to load it via live loader Then I have changed it

< Subject> <Pred> “obj”.

Then it was successfully loaded by live loader but there is no edge in between.
I have attached new and old dataset.

Old_subset.rdf.odt (56.7 KB)
New_subset.rdf (34.1 KB)

between what? your New_subset.rdf hasn’t edges between nothing else.

This is an edge between something:

<0x01> <friend> <0x02> .

This isn’t an edge between something:

< Subject> <Pred> “obj”.

Check this image:

But When I try to set <Subject> <Predicate> <Object> in my dataset[old Dataset]…Live loader shows an error of scalar uid.

This happens because you certainly had defined that a given predicate has a specific Type other than UID Type. So every time you try to write a mutation with a predicate that is set for example to String / Int / Bool it will give this error. On otherwise, you have defined that predicate as UID Type, but it is sending a String. Check your RDF and Schema.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.