Pydgraph failure

Hi,

I have spent two days to study Dgraph and it seems quite interesting and promising database. The TOUR and curl examples helped a lot to understand Dgraph. I am testing it for our company new projects. But I failed in the first in the first phase, installing the client (pydgraph). In our company, python and scala are main language and I am not familiar with GO, I tried to copy & paste go code to run simple tests, but not succeed.

Are there plans to continue maintaining and developing pydgraph package?
The commands I used were:

git clone https://github.com/dgraph-io/pydgraph
cd pydgraph
python setup.py test (Failed)

The tests were failed.

test_mutation_and_query (tests.test_queries.DgraphClientTestCases) ... ERROR
test_mutation_and_query_two_levels (tests.test_queries.DgraphClientTestCases) ... ERROR

======================================================================
ERROR: test_mutation_and_query (tests.test_queries.DgraphClientTestCases)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/cliu/funniest/pydgraph/tests/test_queries.py", line 53, in test_mutation_and_query
    response = self.client.query(query_string)
  File "/Users/cliu/funniest/pydgraph/pydgraph/client.py", line 38, in query
    response = self.stub.Query(request, timeout)
  File "/Users/cliu/funniest/pydgraph/pydgraph/utils/loader.py", line 23, in Query
    return self.unary(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/cliu/funniest/pydgraph/.eggs/grpcio-1.2.0-py3.6-macosx-10.12-x86_64.egg/grpc/_channel.py", line 507, in __call__
    return _end_unary_response_blocking(state, call, False, deadline)
  File "/Users/cliu/funniest/pydgraph/.eggs/grpcio-1.2.0-py3.6-macosx-10.12-x86_64.egg/grpc/_channel.py", line 455, in _end_unary_response_blocking
    raise _Rendezvous(state, None, None, deadline)
grpc._channel._Rendezvous: <_Rendezvous of RPC that terminated with (StatusCode.UNAVAILABLE, Endpoint read failed)>

======================================================================
ERROR: test_mutation_and_query_two_levels (tests.test_queries.DgraphClientTestCases)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/cliu/funniest/pydgraph/tests/test_queries.py", line 90, in test_mutation_and_query_two_levels
    response = self.client.query(query_string)
  File "/Users/cliu/funniest/pydgraph/pydgraph/client.py", line 38, in query
    response = self.stub.Query(request, timeout)
  File "/Users/cliu/funniest/pydgraph/pydgraph/utils/loader.py", line 23, in Query
    return self.unary(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/cliu/funniest/pydgraph/.eggs/grpcio-1.2.0-py3.6-macosx-10.12-x86_64.egg/grpc/_channel.py", line 507, in __call__
    return _end_unary_response_blocking(state, call, False, deadline)
  File "/Users/cliu/funniest/pydgraph/.eggs/grpcio-1.2.0-py3.6-macosx-10.12-x86_64.egg/grpc/_channel.py", line 455, in _end_unary_response_blocking
    raise _Rendezvous(state, None, None, deadline)
grpc._channel._Rendezvous: <_Rendezvous of RPC that terminated with (StatusCode.UNAVAILABLE, Endpoint read failed)>

Ran 2 tests in 0.016s

FAILED (errors=2)
Test failed: <unittest.runner.TextTestResult run=2 errors=2 failures=0>
error: Test failed: <unittest.runner.TextTestResult run=2 errors=2 failures=0>

The dgraph-io/pydgraph client hasn’t been updated in a while. The community has been working on a client which works with v1.0.0 and above.

https://github.com/kochhar/pydgraph/tree/kochhar/v0.9.4+

We’ll get this merged into dgraph-io/pydgraph soon but in the meantime give this a try.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.