Rpc error: code = Internal desc = grpc: error unmarshalling request: proto: wrong wireType = 2 for field StartTs

— I am new to Dgraph . I tried the create schema sample for go client. My dgrap servers is running on gke with the env var

root@dgraph-0:/dgraph# echo $DGRAPH_ALPHA_SECURITY
whitelist=0.0.0.0/0

The go client seems to throw the error code = Internal desc = grpc: error unmarshalling request: proto: wrong wireType = 2 for field StartTs

You can find the go example here dgo · pkg.go.dev. I have tried using the “github.com/dgraph-io/dgo”/v2 version of the library but throws other errors.
can you point me to a complete golang client example that wil work with my dgraph version

Report a Dgraph Client Bug

What Dgraph client (and version) are you using?

(put “x” in the box to select)

• Dgo
  • PyDgraph
  • Dgraph4J
  • Dgraph-js
  • Dgraph-js-http
  • Dgraph.NET

Version:

What version of Dgraph are you using?

v21.03.0

Have you tried reproducing the issue with the latest release?

yes

What is the hardware spec (RAM, OS)?

running on kubernetes

Steps to reproduce the issue (command/config used to run Dgraph).

Expected behaviour and actual result.

Experience Report for Feature Request

Note: Feature requests are judged based on user experience and modeled on Go Experience Reports. These reports should focus on the problems: they should not focus on and need not propose solutions.

What you wanted to do

What you actually did

Why that wasn’t great, with examples

Any external references to support your case

Try the v210.03.0 version of dgo. It does not show up easily on the go documenters because of the versioning scheme.

1 Like

I had this same issue. As @iluminae suggested, I ended up replacing these imports:

"github.com/dgraph-io/dgo"
"github.com/dgraph-io/dgo/protos/api"

with these:

"github.com/dgraph-io/dgo/v210"
"github.com/dgraph-io/dgo/v210/protos/api"
1 Like