Ultimate Dgraph with GraphQL and Go Workshop | Bill Kennedy, Ardan Labs

Name a better trio…I’ll wait for it.

Don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn how to write production-level applications with Dgraph, GraphQL, and Go, all in an optimized manner! Workshop attendees of all skill levels are welcomed. A basic understanding of the Go programming language is recommended.

Details

Instructor: Bill Kennedy
Dates: Monday, November 9th AND Tuesday, November 10th
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. EST daily (This workshop will be taught over the course of two days. Our teachers love a live audience, but this will be recorded for attendees located in challenging time zones.)

Description

This workshop teaches how to build production-level applications using Dgraph, GraphQL, and Go. From the beginning, you will pair program with the instructor discussing design philosophies, guidelines and best practices. Throughout the class, you will learn more about Dgraph, data modeling, data access and the points of refactoring required to write production level applications in Dgraph.

Dgraph is a general-purpose, distributed database with a graphing backend, which provides horizontal scalability, distributed cluster-wide ACID transactions, low-latency arbitrary-depth joins, synchronous replication, high availability and crash resilience. Aimed at real-time transactional workloads, Dgraph shards and stores data in a way to optimize joins and traversals, while still providing data retrieval and aggregation.

Prerequisites

A basic understanding of the Go programming language. Students do not have to be expert Go users, but they will get the most from the workshop if they have completed the majority of the tour. https://tour.golang.org/

Follow Ardan Labs on Twitter

2 Likes

So sad this got cancelled due to the tropical storm! I hope Bill is safe. In the meantime, these are the other resources I’m looking through: