Ask Dgraph Founder Anything

Thanks

I’ve just found this thread after hearing from some connections that Dgraph was having some trouble.

My team have been using Dgraph for the past 18 months, We have built our entire product on top of Dgraph, so I guess if Dgraph fails, then so do we.

I looked closely at all the alternative options when I chose Dgraph as our platform. My basic requirements were:

• GraphQL
  • Able to be self hosted ( Many of our customers need our system to run on-premise )
  • Clustered for High-availability. Horizontal scalability was a nice to have but Zero-downtime is a must.

Dgraph allowed us to get an application up and running and into the hands of customers within a few months, and then to build on that with more customers over the following 12 months. Our dgraph nodes in the development environment regularly run for over 200 days and we really only cycle them for version upgrades.

In my opinion, Dgraph is not a competitor to Neo4j or Firebase, but is an awesome “Low-code” backend for app development. I see dgraph competitors coming from from companies like Xano than from dinosaurs like neo4j,

12 Likes