Dgraph v1.0.6 is out

unfortunately i cannot use 1.0.5 because I reported this issue which also block replication in our case :frowning:

1 Like

That’s sad.
Wow you have a complex structure there.

Hey @selmeci,

I’m planning to make a v1.0.7 release in the next two weeks before I go on vacation. Meanwhile, my recommendation is to upgrade to v1.0.6, but keep replication turned off for the time being.

2 Likes

Agree, and i found another problem

hope that both of them will be fixed in the next release

that’s a good news.
Waiting for v1.0.7

This could happen. Something else must be going on, due to which the ticks were missed, like maybe a snapshot retrieval. If you can paste all the logs, it would be easier to debug. But, this in itself isn’t an error. Just a warning.

but there are too many of this waring, it seems it’s in a loop, it never stops

fortunately, it stops after 15 mins later

Hey @shanghai-Jerry, if you’re seeing more A tick missed to fire, can you go to /debug/requests on HTTP port in your dgraph server, pick RunLoop events which are taking the longest time, and paste those here?

I suspect this might be because your disk is too slow.

ok, if i see this again, i will do.
By the way, it there any docs about debug?

Some:
https://docs.dgraph.io/howto/#retrieving-debug-information

i still don’t find any docs about “pick RunLoop”

you may mean /debug/pprof and /debug/vars .

Check /debug/requests.

I think you need to put this in a more visible place. It just caused issues for us!!! :cry: Maybe at least edit the top post? Dgraph is supposed to be production ready and a change from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 is supposed to be a patch release. To me, it seems there needs to be a better way to alert people of issues like this or maybe releases should start being labeled with minor version changes when it affects many parts of the app.

Sorry for the trouble caused. It is indeed flagged at the top in v1.0.6 release page:

Warning: Due to some issues with application of replication logs, we recommend only using --replicas=1 for this release. We're working on solving these issues for the next release.

Warning: Due to a change in Raft storage format, this upgrade would require you to export and re-import your data, clearing out all the WAL (zw in Zero and w in Server) directories.

Added
Support GraphQL vars as args for Regexp function. #2353
Support GraphQL vars with filters. #2359
Add JSON mutations to raw HTTP. #2396