Give the .NET Client some love or mark it as stale

Report a Dgraph Client Bug

What Dgraph client (and version) are you using?

(put “x” in the box to select)

• Dgo
  • PyDgraph
  • Dgraph4J
  • Dgraph-js
  • Dgraph-js-http
  • Dgraph.NET

Version:

What version of Dgraph are you using?

Indifferent

Have you tried reproducing the issue with the latest release?

Indifferent

What is the hardware spec (RAM, OS)?

Indifferent

Steps to reproduce the issue (command/config used to run Dgraph).

Indifferent

Expected behaviour and actual result.

Make PRs weekly or even monthly if the dgraph team isn‘t interested to fix/update their client.

Experience Report for Feature Request

Note: Feature requests are judged based on user experience and modeled on Go Experience Reports. These reports should focus on the problems: they should not focus on and need not propose solutions.

What you wanted to do

What you actually did

Why that wasn’t great, with examples

The handling of this client is ugly, it doesn‘t meet the standards of .Net 6 and its last commit was last year in may.

Any external references to support your case

https://github.com/dgraph-io/dgraph.net/pull/23 example this PR is open since July last year.
I mean why…

“Contributor License Agreement is not signed yet”

Feel free to send PRs. We don’t have a dedicated .NET dev for this repo, but we can review new PRs. BTW, CLA Signed PRs.

Even then you guys are not doing it, look how long the pr is open?
The Contribute License thing wasn’t even a thing back then
No wonder this wasn’t signed yet…

If you don’t have time for it because no stuff available then mark it as stale…

1 Like

Yep, really long time. The problem is that we don’t have a .NET dev in the house. The one who created that client just throw the client at Dgraph’s lap and flew away. No ofense for the guy, really a good person. But I think he is trully busy with personal stuff in Australia.

If you are available, send us an email. psc@dgraph.io

1 Like

I wanted to say that I acknowledge this issue, and I have been concerned about it. As pointed out, we don’t have the .NET dev in house at the moment. I thought of taking a stab this, but current immediate prioritization is getting a new stable core released, and this endeavor is getting test framework into a functional state. Afterward, I hope to have more time to look at clients including .NET.

2 Likes

I thought it would be a good thing to have at-least-one-working-client

This client GitHub - dgraph-io/dgraph.net: Official Dgraph .NET Client is working. But it doesn’t have a latest release. Just clone it a inject in your .NET program.

1 Like