Manish Jain - Serverless GraphQL with Slash GraphQL

And will Slash GraphQL have support for AWS GovCloud and Azure Government on the roadmap? This could be a relatively simple (ha!) offering but it would help adoption at many government organizations.

1 Like

Can we do file upload with dgraph and slash, like i want to add a pdf. What is the limit for such storage ?
Thank you.

Exactly!

We don’t support file upload with slash just yet. But the dev-jokes app does have an example where we upload files to s3, and just serve the links from Slash GraphQL. https://github.com/dgraph-io/dev-jokes

I am not sure if general purpose software vendors like us are allowed to operate in AWS GovCloud, but if we are permitted, we’ll be there for sure. We are however also figuring out a way to launch Slash GraphQL into your existing aws account, but I don’t have a timeline for this.

Yes, we plan to launch in multiple regions. Please contact us if you are looking to go to production soon, and are waiting on a particular region. derek@dgraph.io is the right person to reach out to.

1 Like

Hi. We don’t currently support OVH cloud, and I don’t have a timeline for it either. However, Dgraph is available for self hosting, and all of the GraphQL functionality of Slash is available in the open source edition!

yup, just open a support ticket on ping @akashjain971. We’ll hook you up

1 Like

@gja can we save them as base 64 string

You could. And I think dgraph has some binary types as well. it definitely would work, but if you embed it in html, that might be slow.