Couple of Slash GraphQL questions :)

1. Is there a way to put Cloudflare in front of my Slash GraphQL endpoint? (Using my own Cert/Key)
  2. Are there any ways to rate limit the amount of queries/mutations a user can submit to my endpoint?
  3. Are enterprise features included in SlashGraphQL? How do I enable ACL’s and Encryption at Rest?
  4. Would love to know more about the infrastructure running Slash GraphQL! Is my endpoint running on an EC2 instance? How do I scale up the # of requests I can run if my application get’s bigger. Is SlashGraphQL running on Kubernetes? Does my application auto scale infinitely?
  5. I’d like to have the ability to run the same application in 2 regions. So for example I have my app running in the AWS Oregon region. Can I deploy another Dgraph Instance (running the same app), in the Frankfurt region (and users closer to Frankfurt will be directed there)?
  6. Where can I see how much space (in mb/gb) my data is taking up? What’s the max amount of data I can store on my instance? What happens if I was to ever hit that max data storage limit?

Thanks in advance for your responses :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m on the $9.99 plan and I left for a few hours and it look’s like my instance was turned off? :thinking: Is that supposed to happen? Shouldn’t my instance be 100% available if i’m paying $9.99/month?

It’s turned off because it’s idle. It only takes a few seconds extra to warm up the machine again. Your data is not lost. Doing this allows us to charge a low rate, as opposed to higher rates.

@gja might be able to explain more.

1 Like
  1. Yes, you can put cloudflare in front of Slash GraphQL. Please check out https://dgraph.io/docs/master/graphql/queries/persistent-queries/, which works with apollo autopersisted queries in order to convert POST queries into cacheable GET queries. https://dgraph.io/docs/master/graphql/queries/cached-results/
  2. Not at the moment, but this is on our roadmap.
  3. We handle backups for you. We do not currently support ACLs in Slash GraphQL, though we may soon support it if you request for a dedicated instance (please DM me if this is something that interests you). We already use AWS’s encrypted EBS volumes.
  4. Slash GRaphQL is running on kubernetes. Slash GraphQL is currently running in individual pods, but will soon move to a multi tenanted system. We are also able to spin up dedicated clusters which give better performance guarantees.
  5. Not yet, but we are working on read replicas.
  6. Yes you can, via ratel. In the API explorer, hit the ‘DQL query’ button, and you’ll be taken over to ratel. You’ll be able to see stats over there.
2 Likes

PLesae DM me your endpoint