My website in online!

www.storytree.net, welcome to visit !

I use dgraph cloud, svelte, and vercel. svelte is really awesome, almost 0 api, I think it is the next generation of vue, it is the future.

dql is more easy and powerful than graphql, you really need to learn it more, thanks!

3 Likes

Congrats! Looks interesting, plus it looks like you’re using Svelte, my favourite JS framework :rocket:

Some feedback:

• I tried to sign up but I never received the verification code.
  • I noticed a typo in the sign up dialog, ‘sended’ should be ‘sent’

Questions:

• I didn’t see any Dgraph queries in the network tab, are you performing queries on the backend before the page loads?
  • How long did it take to build?
1 Like

ok, thanks very much! I will fix it!

• I didn’t see any Dgraph queries in the network tab, are you performing queries on the backend before the page loads?
    yes, sveltekit(a tool like nextjs) provide a load function, it run only on the server, so the page is fully prepared before it is sent to the client.

• How long did it take to build?
    you mean the time to wirte the site? 2 weeks.

1 Like

I try login again, it works, perhaps the email is intercepted by your email service, try to find it in your email dustbin? I’ll try to find more, thanks a lot.

Good job. This reminds of https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/ . Is your app open source?

1 Like

Ok, I managed to login. I didn’t realise the ‘send code’ text was a link, I was clicking the ‘sign up’ button.

1 Like

I’ve never know this website, it looks… so similar with mine, anyway, it’s done so it’s perfect.

it is not open source, but, there is no complex technology in it, really simple. in my opinion, for all the apps, the only thing should to care about is the data modeling, when it is done, everything will be clear any easy. and for every app, no matter what it is build for, the model should be a graph. lucky in dgrpah the modeling is database itself, and it is a graph.

dgraph is the future!

1 Like

Okay, I added a branch!

You’re right, Dgraph is perfect for this, given that the each branch in the story is effective a node in a graph.

Seems like you have the beginnings of something really interesting, kinda reminds me of https://roamresearch.com.

Keep us updated!

1 Like

really appreciate it !

1 Like