Productivity book by Dilbert author

From an email, I received today morning. Looks like an interesting book, got good reviews.

Email

Are you familiar with the Dilbert comic strip?

It’s one of my favorites…and I’ve always admired its creator, Scott Adams (who also happens to be a best-selling author, media pundit, and entrepreneur.)

So I was thrilled when, a couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to speak with Scott for about an hour.

And he said something so profound about productivity, that I couldn’t wait to share it with you-- even though my article on this takeaway (and a few others) is lined up in the publishing queue at Business Insider!

Ready to hear it?

At one point during our discussion, I asked him how he’s to get so much done. For example, Dilbert is one of the most successful and prolific cartoons of all time…yet he only spends 25% of his working time on it.

That’s right. Only 25% of his time.

And you know me…I love hearing about productivity methods, formulas, and techniques. And I love sharing them with you, my incredible readers!

So I had to ask him what he does to get so much done. And here’s one of the things here shared with me:

He’s on a constant quest to make things as simple as possible.

And a huge part of that quest… is using systems instead of goals. Scott is even famous for saying “Goals are for losers.”

Sounds pretty harsh, huh?

Well, here’s what he means…

In Scott’s excellent book, How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big, he talks a lot about the difference between goals and systems…and why people who rely on systems, instead of goals, are more successful:

Goal-oriented people exist in a state of continuous presuccess failure at best, and permanent failure at worst if things never work out.

Systems people succeed every time they apply their systems, in the sense that they did what they intended to do."
Goals
(Click ‘Display Images’ if you can’t see this comic)

In other words, if you’re only focused on something you might get some day (the “goal”), you’re only really able to focus on what you don’t have right now and, in effect, you’re losing.

On the flip side, you’re succeeding every time you apply and work your system each day. And the small victories that come from this boost your energy, morale and lead to more of the same.

Pretty cool, right?

So how can you apply this concept to YOUR life? Well, it just so happens… that I have been building a system specifically for you, a system that helps you blow through distractions, shut down procrastination, and crush your stress.

It’s something that I’ve used myself for a couple of years now…and it’s the exact system that my private clients use to achieve huge results in their productivity.

Want to hear what it is?

Stay tuned…because it’s coming soon! And I think you’re really going to love it.

Your friend,

Chris Winfield

PS. Earlier this week, I wrote an article for Inc. Magazine that was inspired by another legendary “systems” guy.

Click on the image below to get the 6 simple steps that will help you start (and finish!) any big project…achieve huge goals…and allow you to make each day “your masterpiece.”
Use These 6 Little Steps to Make Really Big Things Happen

Copyright © 2016 ChrisWinfield.com, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you signed up for my mailing list at ChrisWinfield.com via a webform, pop-up or content upgrade request.

2 Likes

Just added it to my goodreads To Read list https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/10919824-pawan

1 Like