Slash GraphQL Release March 9th 2021

I am confused by all of this…

It appears to have defaulted to Off for my account.

The “Go to Docs” link has no information about this anywhere. I can only find information about this in this post here and on

There is very little explained.

1. What settings keep the operation the same as before this release? Off or On?

This wording at first made me think it was allowing anonymous access to administer my backend with them only needing the token instead of a login, but that is not at all what this is about.

This is very confusing and seems kind of abrupt with very little to no explanation as to exactly what it does and how to configure it.

We haven’t used the ClosedByDefault as is discussed in this issue, but I have many of the same concerns. Can we get some kind of heads up for changes like this?

The only place I saw this discussed anywhere was on the docs discuss page referenced above. Was there a RFC on this that helps explain all of the use cases and how this was built so we can understand it better if there are no docs yet for it?

Update: The other dev in my organization got to this before I did and switched it all off. I still would like to know what settings makes it operates the way it did before this release.

Update Again: Changing this takes ~10 minutes to apply? What?!?