We aim to merge docs.dgraph.io and graphql.dgraph.io into a single site with a single repo. Since Dgraph docs use Hugo and GraphQL docs use GatsbyJS, we have some decisions to make here. The easiest approach seems to be to move the GraphQL docs to Hugo and merge them with Dgraph docs.
- This would be easier to do as we just have to port over the GraphQL docs to the Dgraph repo along with other docs.
- Hugo theme already has things like runnable, Algolia search etc.
- We lose the cool design that we have in GraphQL docs for now until it is reworked upon later.
- We can’t use GatsbyJS which apparently seems to be more customizable than Hugo as per @vardhanapoorv.
The other options are to move the Dgraph docs to the GraphQL docs. That seems like more work initially where we first need to have additional things like runnable, search etc over first and then we can migrate the docs. A bigger question here is that is GatsbyJS significantly better than the Hugo theme for us to go in this direction? CC: @michaelcompton @vardhanapoorv who would know more about this.
- Based on the conversation with @gja the aim right now is just to have a landing page for docs which links to Dgraph, GraphQL, Slash, Client etc docs and to get all of these docs under the same domain. That should be easier to do. Eventually, we’ll use the same framework for all the docs but that is a long term solution. We’ll just have to be careful to make sure that the old links still work.