Productivity and self sabotage

2 Likes

Read this sometime ago.

Already try to use the Pomodoro Technique and the 2 minute rule. Also most notifications on my phone are off like mail and whatsapp.

Document your highs and lows sounds interesting. Its like monitoring when you are most productive.

I kept my email notifications on the phone. But, I turned off Trello notifications and disallow any social media notifications. Anything which I think I don’t have to do anything instantly about – I just turn it off.

Also, my new desktop system really helps. It’s setup for productivity.

1 Like

great article.

I am a big fan of Pomodoro technique and have been using it for quite a while.

Along with that, I also like Don’t break the chain by Jerry Seinfeld to keep track on weekly goals (it could be study, exercise, socialize or anything). Although, TBH, I have had on and off relationship with Seinfeld’s trick for the last few months as I’ve been moving a lot and don’t have a permanent place yet, but hopefully that would change soon.

I use a wall calendar version of it but you could also do it online here.

2 Likes

Also, online pomodor timer. Here, you can even save and track your pomodoro time blocks. Could be useful to track how much time you were taking on a task in the past.

Forgot to mention, we use Toggl for managing the time we spend on a task. Its not in the Pomodoro format though.

1 Like