This time we made a release quickly, after having fixed some long-standing deadlocks, and issues.
Docker tag: dgraph/dgraph:latest, dgraph/dgraph:v1.0.8
Here’s the changelog:
- This version introduces tracking of a few anonymous metrics to measure Dgraph adoption (https://github.com/dgraph-io/dgraph/commit/6c89a2ed0ea0820cbaddca0acfbefaa6335a3ee4). These metrics do not contain any specifically identifying information about the user, so most users can leave it on. This can be turned off by setting
--telemetry=falseflag if needed in Dgraph Zero.
- Correctly handle a list of type geo in json (#2482 , #2485).
- Fix the graceful shutdown of Dgraph server, so a single Ctrl+C would now suffice to stop it.
- Fix various deadlocks in Dgraph and set ConfState in Raft correctly (#2548, https://github.com/dgraph-io/dgraph/commit/4b26b6b9b30a3b6bd97f80f59e00527a8337c0c5).
- Significantly decrease the number of transaction aborts by using SPO as key for entity to entity connections. (#2556 ).
- Do not print error while sending Raft message by default. No action needs to be taken by the user, so it is set to V(3) level.
- Introduce a new /assignIds HTTP endpoint in Zero, so users can allocate UIDs to nodes externally.
- Add a new tool which retrieves and increments a counter by 1 transactionally. This can be used to test the sanity of Dgraph cluster.