Ratel unable to connect dgraph server ACL user password error

I setup dgraph to run locally.
Run zero using: dgraph zero --my=localhost:5080
and alpha using: dgraph alpha --lru_mb=1024 --my=localhost:7080 --zero=localhost:5080

Open Ratel UI in browser: localhost:8000
there trying to connect dgraph using: localhost:8080
not connecting.
ACL user and password field is available with groot as default.
How to remove the username and password field.

Remove from where? the UI? deactivate the ACL?

I was using version- 1.2.2. Now upgraded to 20.03 and able to connect to dgraph using Ratel. But still ACL fields are there in Ratel UI. Can we deactivate ACL.

1 Like

Also the warning about enterprise features expired won’t go away. Dismiss doesn’t work. Can’t log in, and can’t clear the message to get to any of the buttons …

2 Likes

I gonna ping @paulftw - I can’t help you guys.

But you should be able to use Dgraph even with UI warnings. It doesn’t make sense if you can’t. If so, I need to understand how to reproduce to help you.

It’s crazy - both :8000/?latest and /?dev give you a login that you can’t login to - groot and no password - so ratel’s unusable. If you go for local, you get a warning that the enterprise features have expired and that won’t disappear … so there’s no way to access the top bar any more. It’s made Dgraph unusable …

Help! I’m in the middle of trying to get this adopted internally, and this has just killed our ability to try ad-hoc queries before rolling them into code …

1 Like

Just realised it defaults to 8000 as the DG instance - perhaps default to 8080.- it’s easily missed. I set that to 8080 and hit the connect, ignoring the password prompt thereafter - instead just clicking on the console. DG Connection shows as yellow, but does allow me to get to query at least.

I now get something I can query - but the top warning won’t go away. Click dismiss as much as you like - it just won’t go away. I can’t demonstrate this to anyone. Nag by all means, but not like this - I’m developing using DG and need to be able to show its benefits internally and to our clients. This just looks awful and makes us look like clowns for using it. Please … fix this nag-banner. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

If you are using docker you can use an old/previous image just for Ratel UI. And use /?local to use the local binary. If you not using Docker, you can just download a previous version of Ratel.

Same problem here.

I am not using Docker so when you say “(…) you can just download a previous version of Ratel.”, can you be more specific. The Ratel git repo has no releases and no tags and both google/official doc is not helping, after some searches, about that.

Do you mean just getting any previous, approximate, commit from master?

Thank you.

To sum up the issues reported in this thread:

1. ACL login fields are shown even if Dgraph server has no ACL.
    It’s not necessary to login to use Ratel queries & mutations. If you’re not running enterprise version you can simply connect to an alpha URL and use standard features.
    Login/password fields were always on screen in Ratel, below the connection address. Seems like the UI cleanup made them more noticeable and thus more confusing. I’ll see if we can detect absence of ACL and hide the login.

2. License warning could not be dismissed due to a bug. I’ve pushed a fix for that and now it should work as expected. Please file a bug if you see any problems with it.

3. How to download a previous release of Ratel
    We try to make sure latest release is best release ever, so please do let us know if you think updates are causing problems.
    However, if necessary for some use cases, previous releases of Ratel are available as part of Dgraph Releases. You can download the Ratel binary for the version you want and then use “Local Bundle” setting to see the old version of the interface.

1 Like

It’s not necessary to login to use Ratel queries & mutations.
But we are unable to run Mutations ,

Ex:
{
  "set":[
    {
        "uid": "0x4e22",
        "Longitude": "25.255814"
      }
  ]
}

Getting Exception

{
  "name": "t",
  "url": "http://192.168.1.42:7070/mutate?commitNow=true",
  "errors": [
    {
      "code": "ErrorInvalidRequest",
      "message": "Invalid mutation."
    }
  ]
}

Anything i got missed?

Thanks
siva

Maybe the port is wrong. 7070 should be 7080. Unless you have added the offset flag like -10, or something.

Port we have configured to 7070.
we are able to run queries but unable run mutations

Thanks
siva

If you use ACL you gonna have an error like this

{
  "name": "t",
  "url": "http://localhost:8080/mutate?commitNow=true",
  "errors": [
    {
      "message": "rpc error: code = Unauthenticated desc = no accessJwt available",
      "extensions": {
        "code": "ErrorInvalidRequest"
      }
    }
  ]
}

I have run your mutation and got no errors. Only the UID lease that is greater than the uids I have locally.

Check if you are not sharing the wrong mutation.

By the way, please if you have an issue or a question. Even if it has to do with this topic. Make a new topic, thus preventing users from receiving multiple emails.

In your case, just copy the URL of this topic and report your problem that I’ll analyze it. I am here every working day and several engineers also access the discuss every day. Your question will be answered by me or someone else.

It’s just not to “spam” people. Thanks.