I am posting my feedback here in discuss because:
- I didn’t like the UI of Atlassian.
- Formatting was all wrong.
- My image uploads didn’t show up.
- It is a closed system and no one outside can see what I wrote.
What I loved:
- Ease of use.
- Responsive - Glad mobile is taken into consideration.
- Speed - It gave me an endpoint in a small span of time.
- Humor - My project was called “homeless-creature”. ;-p
Performance: (Check Screenshots)
- It takes a while to load the website, even though I have 100 Mbps connection.
- No compression is used for the resources served.
- HTTP/2 is not used, neither is server push.
- Preloading of assets is not done, even though pages are loaded in chunks.
- Although there’s browser caching, It isn’t as good as Progressive Web App.
- First paint happens after a delay.
- I spun up an instance and had to delete the instance to clear all data, as I couldn’t perform: drop all on alter route.
- Credits were used even when I stopped querying for a while. (Maybe I am mistaken).
- I used total of 9 credits last night, and now I have 50,000 credits available after I deleted the instance.
- While I love this bug, when I am just messing with the technology, I would like to know if this is expected.
- No dark mode. Website was causing a bit of distress to look at, after switching from VS Code, GraphQL Playground & Altair! (The family of apps used along with Slash GraphQL)
Reference Screen Shots:
I have added screenshots of my website, for comparison, which has higher payload size yet loads much faster.
InternetSpeed - Just to be clear, the internet speed in India didn’t cause the trouble!
SlashGraphQL - First Load
QuillerBee - First Load
SlashGraphQL - Immediate Subsequent Load
QuillerBee - Eventual Subsequent Load
P.S. Questions regarding HTTP/2 & Credits were answered and I marked the ticket as closed in Atlassian.